12 THINGS SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE DO BEFORE DAWN
by Ben B.Boothe, Sr. | Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 5:36 PM (CDT)
12 Things Successful People Do in Early Morning
(and 2 things that they do later on)
By: Ben B. Boothe, Sr.
I often think of my father, who woke me up early in the mornings when I was a child. I didn’t like waking up, but he made the day come alive and we worked in the garden, played tennis, or cooked breakfast together. Those moments with my Dad are precious memories. My father taught me to smile the sleep away, to feel my body come alive with excersise, to start the day with joy. I recall his laughter when the garden produced a fresh radish, or when he hit a fast curve serve to me on the tennis court under the pre dawn lights. He gloried in the sunrise, it’s many symbolic meanings throughout history. In my adult life, I find that early rising to be a part of my existence. Many of the most successful people I know are awake and productive before dawn. We, early birds have for 25 years called each other in the morning darkness and say; “Hey brother, do you see that light coming in the east?” and we embrace the day with a smile and a thankful spirit. bbb
DON’T BE HESITANT TO WAKE UP EARLY…YOU MIGHT FIND , LIKE GREAT MEN OF HISTORY, THAT EARLY MOMENTS ARE SPECIAL!
- Breath in, Breath out, and smile. Think this thought: “I am alive! Thanks for another day!”
- Step on the front porch, or in front of your mirror and say: “This is going to be a GOOOD day!” Sounds silly, but try it…it works!
- Remember your father, grandfather or grandmother arising early and preparing for the day before the dawn. Know that many, perhaps most, successful people arise early, plan, meditate and start their day with a positive attitude.
- Wake your body with 20 minutes of moderate exercise. I get up and go to a gym at 5:00 AM every morning, to get the metabolism and brain working. You would be surprised at the number of successful VIP’s who are there before dawn.
- Read a book, check the news, write a poem. Then create a “TO DO” list. Organize your thoughts and your day. Who, what, where, how and when for your workplace. The quiet moments before dawn allow clear and deep thinking.
- Keep breathing…deeply… smile as you exhale.
- Call a friend or loved one. I call my early bird friends and ask “Do you see that bright light in the east. It is called the sunrise.” We have repeated that little ritual joke now for years.
- Almost every indigenous tribe and religion has a tradition to start the day with a nod or prayer to the “Enlightening sun that brings light and energy, chasing away the cold and darkness”. The idea is, “Seek more light”. Interesting, that the word “En lighten” comes from ancient rituals at sunrise.
- Remember the most important people of your life. Kiss a child, call a parent or hug a spouse, or drop a kind note to someone, every morning.
- Hoe your garden, walk in your yard, pat your pet, pick a flower, water a tree, ride a bicycle, jog around the block, ride your horse, fly a kite, jump in a pool, walk around your stupa….just DO SOMETHING. Trust me, whatever you do, it is special in the morning hours.
- Eat a good meal, to fuel your day. Now before you leave the house remember to leave your family or friends with a positive smile. Don’t leave a cloud of darkness in your wake, leave a bright spirit.
- Make your day “top heavy”. You will find that the first half of the day is often the most productive because of the way you started your morning. Your will be more energized. While everyone else is trying to get awake, you have already put in 2 or 3 hours. Gradually ease off in the mid afternoon to let your body as well as your spirit, slowly adjust to coming home with low stress. Like a strong horse that has been running hard, cool of gradually by walking a while.
- On your way home, keep breathing and smile as you exhale. You are alive!
- Don’t end the day without a look at the stars and a thought of greatful awe.
(If you don’t do #1, 6, and 13, the rest won’t work)